New book aims to demystify skiing from A to Z.
This informative and fun introduction to skiing is a great resource, and an ideal gift, for anyone interested in skiing, or who is considering trying.
New book Ski A to Z is a fun, practical, fully illustrated introduction to Alpine skiing, intended to answer all the questions new skiers may have and to help prepare them for mountain experiences.
“An entertaining insight into the world of skiing, ideal for anyone new to the sport.”
Dan Egan, Author and Extreme Skier, U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame.
Written and illustrated by debut author Kimberley Kay and published by Europe’s leading sports publisher, Meyer & Meyer Sport, Ski A to Z provides information, tips and insights to help novice skiers of all ages grasp the sport.
Many people may be put off beginning the sport as they simply haven’t a clue where to start, what questions to ask – or even the confidence to ask those questions. Ski A to Z removes that barrier, giving all newbies access to the information they need to venture into the sport and opens the door to experiencing the wonder of skiing.
The accompanying illustrations are intended to resonate with avid skiers as well as new, demonstrating the exhilaration and joy of skiing. The book is ideal for anyone interested in skiing. Ski A to Z is a guide for those wanting to refresh their knowledge of skiing after time unable to be on the slopes in recent years. The book can help families where a child has the opportunity of a school ski trip, where a group of established skiers want to help a friend to get into the sport, or for grandparents keen to engage their new generation on to the slopes.
In full colour and hardback format, Ski A to Z is available to order now.
About the author:
Since starting skiing aged five Kimberley has over forty years of ski experience including racing, teaching, and heli-skiing, as well as ski holiday promotion during a 20 year career in travel PR.
Kimberley Kay said, “It is hoped that Ski A to Z will make the sport increasingly accessible to a more diverse audience by helping people to feel that they have adequate information to give skiing a try.”
Liz Evans of Meyer & Meyer Sport, said, “As Ski A to Z is written and illustrated in the classic style of A – Z books the format gives readers the option to read cover to cover, or to dip into the book for definitions or to answer queries. Kim’s passion for skiing, and enthusiasm for sharing helpful insights shines through her writing and illustrations. We hope that Ski A to Z will give people the inspiration and confidence to try the sport.”
Kimberley said, “People may start skiing through friends and relatives who ski, or they may try skiing with school or at a local ski facility (artificial or snow); but they may not have any of these connections – the book is like an all knowing ski friend and shares things it can take years to learn otherwise. There is information from artificial slopes, through to powder skiing, explanation of how boots and bindings work through to advice on what to wear and safety tips.
“I’m delighted that Meyer & Meyer Sport are publishing the book, allowing it to reach and empower more people to experience the joy of skiing and mountain environments.”
Ski A to Z is available to order now through any good book store or online retailer. Further information can be found here and on the Meyer & Meyer website.
Ski A to Z is available to order here and in all good book shops.
“Congratulations Kimberley Kay on producing an informative and memorably illustrated book to introduce newcomers to Alpine skiing and learn the unique terms and movements in a straightforward way.”
Sarah Lewis OBE OLY
Global Sports Leader, and Secretary General of FIS International Ski Federation 2000-2020
The author is available for interview, comment, and has considerable broadcast experience. Review copies, book extracts and some editorial illustrations can be provided.
Further media information:
Kimberley Kay – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE PUBLISHER: MEYER & MEYER SPORT
- Meyer & Meyer Sport is Europe’s leading sports publishing house and isrenowned for delivering best content and professional expertise in the field of sports and health and fitness.
- With a list of more than 2,000 titles, Meyer & Meyer’s range of products includes sports handbooks, practical how-to guides, self-improvement manuals, healthy-living guidebooks, nutritional bibles, through to biographies, the inspirational and the fun.
- The publisher has made a string of recent UK-based author signings, as it continues to strongly focus on the international English-speaking marketplace.
- Further information on Meyer & Meyer can be found at www.meyer-meyer-sport.co.uk
- Meyer & Meyer’s books are available worldwide.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR/ ILLUSTRATOR: KIMBERLEY KAY
- Kimberley has over forty years of ski experience including racing, teaching, and heli-skiing, as well as ski holiday promotion during a 20 year career in travel PR.
- Kim learned to ski age 5 at the dry slope at Ski Rossendale, Lancashire, UK and in Mayrhofen, Austria.
- Now based in Yorkshire, Kim creates art and illustration under the brand of Inspire by Kim, further information can be found at www.inspirebykim.com
- In late 2020 Kimberley created illustrations for Dan Egan and Eric Wilbur’s extreme skiing book 30 Years In a White Haze.
Order Ski A to Z at the links here.
More of my work and news is at these links…